Delicious Plum dessert
|Easy||10 minutes||5 minutes or so|
Plums are in season – buy them – any kind, any size, just leave until just ripe to cook.
I bought the small variety of plums (only because I was thinking about making a pie with exotic toppings but never got around to it – funny that)
Buy a good handful of plums enough to feed your guests or family for dessert.
2 tablespoons of Rainforest Plum and Strawberry paste
1 cup white wine (this can be water if you prefer or are cooking for the little ones)
1 tablespoon of Rainforest Plum Vinegar
1 star anise
1 tablespoon of grated orange peel
- Half the plums and de-seed
- Make the sauce first leaving the grated orange peel till last..
- Once you are happy with the taste of the sauce add the plums, cook gently for 5 minutes or so. You be the judge and cook to your tastes – extra soft or not so, however its best to still have some shape to the fruit.
- Add the grated orange peel – continue cooking for another minute or so.
- Serve – its perfect as is but if you like a little something extra and you have cream in the fridge: add a dolop.